Faderfox are well known for making controllers with a functional beauty to them, coming up with a variety of bespoke control options for software such as Ableton Live and Traktor with the option to map them to other programs. The Faderfox DJ44 DJ Controller for Traktor Pro is one of the more ruggedly housed controllers we’ve seen in recent years.
The Faderfox DJ44 is the first member of a new line called SOLID CONTROL. The device is packed in a covered aluminum case with massive aluminum faceplate and high quality controls.
You will find all necessary controls to mix perfectly with two decks using the internal software mixer and effects of Traktor Pro. The compact size makes it possible to play everywhere you want. Unpacking the unit is very easy by simply clicking and removing the cover. Extra large keys with a nice tactile feeling, pots and encoders with rubber knobs and a lot of LEDs and two displays give you an absolutely ergonomic instrument to rock the dancefloor. Last but not least the unit is also a good companion for Ableton Live if that is your prefered DJ software.
Coming with its own built-in aluminium case, the DJ44 is the first of a new line from the company called Solid Control. Occupying a compact footprint, the Faderfox DJ44 DJ Controller for Traktor Pro can be separated from its cover simply by clicking and removing it, and it features enough controls to make use of two decks inside the Traktor Pro software – with the option for a third and fourth to be switched to on the fly. There’s a multitude of effects to contend with too, with 21 button, 36 pots and rotaries going alongside LED bars for visual feedback. Although the controller is aimed at Traktor Pro/Duo users, Faderfox have confirmed it will ship with setup files for Ableton Live also, while those used to travelling light will be pleased to hear that the unit is fully powered by its USB bus interface.
- Special controller for DJ software (optimised for Native Instruments Traktor Pro)
- Setup files for Traktor Pro/Duo 2 and Ableton Live are shipped with the controller
- USB interface with bus powering- class compliant / no driver necessary
- Controls up to four decks – easy switching between deck A-C and B-D on the fly
- Complete mixer control with EQs, faders, gain, pan, filter, FX assign, kill and monitor keys
- Center spreaded scale for filter pot for better control feeling (Traktor)
- Double command filter pot for simultaneous control of two filters [bipolar filter] (Ableton Live)
- Shifted center position for perfect control of the EQ three [0dB = center pos] (Ableton Live)
- Global section with browser / tree encoders, load buttons and pots for main / monitor / mix levels
- Two FX sections with each 4 pots and 4 keys switchable to 4 FX slots
- Tempo control by pitch encoders and sync keys (Traktor)
- Loop sections with encoders, keys and 2-digit-displays
- 21 extra large buttons for hotcue access and transport functions
- All controls with double functions by holding down the shift button
- LED bars with 8 segments for different level and position indications
- 4 internal setups with various programmable functions
- Upgradable firmware by simple Sysex-dump
- Very compact and solid design in a silver metal casing (size 290x220x55 mm, weight 1.6 kg)
- PC or Mac with a free USB port (1.0 or higher) or any USB hub
- Traktor Pro/Duo 2 (as of version 2.64) or Ableton Live (as of version 8.41 or 9.06) or any other software which allows user assignments of continuous parameters (CC) and note commands