EKX active subwoofers are ideal for portable and installed applications, with lightweight and compact 15mm wood enclosures with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, aluminum pole-mounts, and all-metal handles.
The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro-Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology – all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications.
EV-engineered components, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, and Class D amplifiers coupled with QuickSmartDSP all work together to provide precise coverage and superior sound quality at high SPLs.
EV’s award-winning industrial design – with robust wood enclosures and durable EVCoat finish – ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound.
High-efficiency 1300 W Class D power amplifier delivers up to 134 dB peak SPL utilizing high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV
QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD
Cardioid Control Technology allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed
Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions
Two XLR outputs for easy system expansion to additional loudspeakers or subwoofers
Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension
Metal grille reinforcement bar (two on the 18SP)
M20 threaded pole mount plate
– Connector Type: (2) XLR/TRS combo jacks and (2) XLR link outputs
– Enclosure Material: 15 mm, plywood with EVCoat
– Frequency Response (-10 dB): 35 Hz – 180 Hz Half Space Measurement
– Frequency Response (-3 dB): 40 Hz – 150 Hz Half Space Measurement
– Grill: 18 AWG steel with powdercoat
– LF Transducer: EVS-18C 457 mm (18 in)
– Low Pass Frequency: Adjustable: 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz, 150 Hz
– Maximum SPL: 134 dB peak dB Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output.
– Power Consumption: 1.8 A Current rating is 1/8 power
– Power Rating: 1300 W
– Mounting: M20 threaded pole mount plate
– Shipping Weight: 41.2 kg (90.83 lbs)
– Height: 12RU 520 mm (20.47″)
– Width: 606 mm (23.86″)
– Depth: 612 mm (24.09″)
– Weight Net: 32.8 kg (72.31 lbs)
Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Shipping Weight: 90 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 29 x 27 x 24 in
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): F.01U.303.389