Denon has announced the brand new Denon SC3900 Digital Turntable & Media Controller.
Denon has been on a roll lately with the best-selling Denon MC3000 controller and are now hoping to be the main competitor for Pioneer with the SC39000. Utilizing a completely redesigned High-Torque Direct Drive motor that mirrors the feel of vinyl exactly, the SC3900 gives classic DJs that vinyl feel while using CD’s, USB Drives, Software or a networked to a media server.
• 9-inch Active Platter with High Torque Direct Drive Motor
• Media Server for "Engine" Software
• Player Link Network — File Share between Networked SC3900
• Playback Direct from USB / PC / CD
• Fully Mappable MIDI Controller
• USB Direct Playback
DJing has progressed to a new era with the evolution of digital media. In a world that was once first dominated by vinyl, then CDs, and now the emerging USB and streaming devices, it’s time to revolutionize the DJ booth, because right now as a DJ you make a choice between DJing with a turntable, a turntable and software, or a CDJ/Controller. No one device has ever managed to give you the flexibility to choose depending on your performance, style or your audience. That is, until now.
Years of development with top international DJs has allowed Denon DJ to perfect the platter of the SC3900 for use with digital media without losing that feel of vinyl (the surface of the platter is actually a 9" vinyl disc!) – all allowing Scratch DJ champions like DJ Switch to push their performances even further than possible with a vinyl ‘record’.
"The 9-inch platter makes scratch moves more nimble by being that little bit smaller, but maintains the perfect amount of space to grip it, scratching & mixing tracks feels no different than using vinyl" –DJ Switch, DENON SC3900 endorsee and 3x World DMC Champion.
"Doing DMC-style hard-core scratch sets are made so much easier without worrying about needles & skipping records" –DJ Switch
Denon SC3900 Features:
• Compatible with included ENGINE Music Management Software (PC/Mac)
• ENGINE iPad app available for easy file searching and player status display
• Player Link function for sharing USB drives across multiple SC3900s (up to four) and for connection to ENGINE software (PC/Mac/iPad).
• Completely redesigned 9-Inch platter equipped with a brushless high-torque direct drive motor
• Seamless switching between media source devices
• Real vinyl platter mode with independently adjustable start and stop times
• Built-In USB / MIDI control function
• Built-In USB audio interface (ASIO / CORE compliant)
• Hybrid MIDI mode included for DVS applications
• Supports CD-DA, CD-ROM and audio playback from USB memory devices (AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV)
• Burr Brown 24 bit DAC processing for superior audio fidelity
• Redesigned PLAY and CUE buttons for greater tactile feel and response
• Fast search and quick jump functions
• Top mounted USB port for USB stick and hard disk drives
• 4 dedicated Hot Cues (8 in MIDI mode via MIDI layer option)
• Auto / manual loop functions
• Reverse and dump platter effects
• Deep pitch resolution and key adjust
• Strobe indicator
• 4-Way BPM counter (Auto BPM, Manual TAP, Manual BPM, Reads BPM Metadata)
• BPM sync feature
• 3-way pitch bend functionality
• Digital output
• Fast loading slot-in drive