SONY PCM-D50 DIGITAL RECORDER
The PCM-D50 lets Sony address the entry-level digital recorder market that’s currently being dominated by M-Audio’s MicroTrack II and Zoom’s H4. Considering the feature set, robust build quality, high-res audio, and extremely attractive price, Sony’s D50 means business.
• 24 bit / 96 kHz recording in standard .WAV file format
• 4 GB Built-in Memory – records up to 6 hours @ 44.1 – 16 bit
• Two-Position Electret Condenser Microphones x-Y and Wide-Stereo Polar Patterns
• LCD Digital Peak Metering
• Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo Slot
• MP3 Playback
• Digital Pitch Control
• SPDIF Digital Input and Output
• PC/MAC Compatible – File Transfer via High Speed USB
• 5 second pre-recording buffer
The PCM-D50 is a 96 kHz/24-bit recorder fitted with two-position (X-Y or Wide) stereo microphones, 4 GB of internal flash memory and a Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo™ slot (for additional storage). The body of the D50 is constructed of lightweight metal (aluminum) and it’s built rugged to withstand the demands of pro applications, plus it offers long battery life using conventional AA alkaline batteries. The recorder includes a USB high-speed port for simple uploading/downloading its native .WAV format files to/from Windows® PC or Macintosh® computers. Other unique PCM-D50 features include digital pitch control, dual digital limiter (inherited from the PCM-D1), low-cut filter, Super Bit Mapping®, A-B repeat and MP3 playback capability. To complement the D50 recorder, new optional accessories include a remote commander, tripod stand, and microphone windscreen. Additionally, the D50 offers compadible mounting and use with the recently introduced XLR-1 wide-bandwidth balanced XLR microphone adapter.