Novation is pleased to announce the launch of their brand new controller keyboard. The Nocturn Keyboard is based on the control surface of the hugely popular Nocturn. With the addition of 25 and 49 note keyboards, Nocturn’s spacious controller layout has been adapted to a full control solution for DAW users, extending Novation’s range of high-end controller keyboards to new levels of affordability.
The Nocturn Keyboard displays control information where you really need it: on your computer monitor. The Automap software graphically displays Nocturn Keyboard’s entire control surface, enabling you to assign parameters by simply clicking on them. The controllers themselves also tell you what’s happening: LED rings around the eight encoders show their current settings, while LEDs behind the 25 buttons show if they are on or off.
Nocturn Keyboard has been designed as a musical instrument as well as a control surface. The high-quality Fatar ‘Fast Touch’ keyboard mechanism, with velocity-sensitivity and aftertouch, allows for more expressive playing styles, suiting both stage and studio performance. There are separate pitch bend and modulation wheels, as well as eight velocity sensitive drum pads for sketching drum patterns and triggering samples.
Novation’s Automap control software is now even more powerful and easy to use. It acts as a software interface for the control surface, visually showing you what software parameter is assigned to each control, exactly as it is laid out on the unit. You can also name each control, turning the GUI into a giant screen where all information is instantly displayed and updated. Automap’s ‘learn’ function enables you to map parameters in your software plug-ins, straight to dials and buttons on the controller by simply clicking on a parameter, then touching the controller. There is no longer any need to sift through long lists of MIDI CC numbers. Automap also now has integrated HUI control, allowing instant hardware mixer control for all HUI compatible DAW’s, such as Logic and Pro Tools.
High quality professional keyboard
• Velocity-sensitive, keyboard from Fatar, with assignable after-touch. The Nocturn Keyboard feels like playing an instrument rather than a computer peripheral.
Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback
• Brightly lit 11 segment LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for every physical control.
• All 8 oversized encoders are touch sensitive, bringing up mapping information and allowing you to ‘touch’ in automation data on DAW’s with a ‘touch’ mode.
Automap control Software
• Allows you to instantly ‘learn’ controllers to plug-ins. The GUI graphically displays Nocturn Keyboard’s control surface on your computer monitor, enabling you to see exactly what is assigned to what, without using a tiny LCD screen.
8 Velocity-sensitive drumpads
• Nocturn Keyboard features 8 ‘softfeel’ velocity sensitive drum pads. These can do more than just trigger notes and sketch drum patterns, all can be assigned to control software parameters.
Total of 33 MIDI assignable controls
• 8 trigger pads, 8 dials, 14 buttons, modulation wheel. Sustain and expression pedal control can also be added.
• The 9th encoder is a unique ‘Speed Dial’ which allows you to instantly change the value of any parameter the cursor is pointing at, with no assignment needed whatsoever.
• Nocturn Keyboard is powered by USB saving valuable plug sockets. It can also be powered down without being unplugged, preserving battery power in laptops.